Saturday, March 15, 2008

15,000km Service my Outlander at Mitsubishi Dealer


Today my car mileage reached 14728km (15k km service). It's time to service my car.
I have requested MMC service center at Okazaki to change the oil and filter for me. Besides that I have decided to exchange the front and rear tires at this time too.


This is the rear tire. (Before)


This is the front tire. (Before)


The Rear disc brake condition.


And the Front disc brake condition.

The oil and filter was changed by MMC staff. Today I have a chance to check my car under body or floor too. Not too bad, it was clean.


Rear tire.


Front tire.


After exchanged the tires, the MMC staff was tightening the bolts.


He Look like dancing.


Tightening torque was checked for each bolts.


This special equipment was used to check the ECU of my car.
I have request them to confirm the issue of ASC OFF warning display issue for me.
Therefore, all sensors related to ASC and ABS system were checked today.


He is busy checking the ECU and reporting.


Finally, all the checking were completed and my car was washed by machine too.

After the checking the results, they had confirmed that the ASC OFF issue was due to Steering position sensor problem. Therefore MMC will order the new Sensor for me and replace it for free next time. Of course FOC (Free of Charge)

Just for my record:
Service charges 13,650 yen
Oil (4.6Liter) 5,796 yen
Oil Filter 1,470 yen
This time the tires rotation charge is Free, because all tires need to be removed in order to inspect the brake system.
Service charge to replace the oil filter 1,050 yen
To replace my Keyless entry remote control battery 525 yen

Total about 22,491 yen. (Before 5% tax)

3 comments:

Me and my Sigma said...

Enjoyed reading your Outlander entries. I'm picking up an Outlander SE silver with Nav end of this month. In Texas, USA.

Regards,
Steve

Anonymous said...

Nelson,
Surprisingly find out the service of RM740 is considered reasonable rate (not so expensives.
Just to inform you I have meet up our USM super senior in Carsem S-site. He is our resident engineer for Robert Bosch, Edwin. & then another senior Ravinder. They are pioneer in USM KCP.
As you may aware, now M'sia is undergo a new democration era with the new lineup in cabinet & state government. Your next return should feel some different already. Looking for better future..

Nelson said...

Yeah, I do hope that All Malaysian will have a better future under the NEW management from opposition parties. Long Life to OPPOSITION.

Thanks for the update.